Physiotherapy also referred to as physical therapy or medical rehabilitation involves the application of manual techniques and the use of electro physical agents within and complimentary to medical practice.
It involves prevention, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Electrical treatments (Electrotherapy): Infrared radiation (IRR), Ultrasound Therapy (US Therapy), Shortwave Diathermy (SWD), Interferential Therapy (Vaccum Therapy), Wax Bath/Therapy, Electrical Stimulation, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Manual Therapy: Massage, Exercises, manipulation and mobilization traction
- Cryotherapy: Ice massage, ice towelling
No training yet. Department not yet accredited for internship
- Physiotherapy in medical and cardiopulmonary conditions
- Physiotherapy in general surgical and orthopedic conditions
- Physiotherapy in paediatric, obstetrics and gynaecological conditions